AS A RESULT OF PARTICIPATION IN THIS SEMINAR PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Learn and Practice Good People Service Skills in a Positive Manner.
- Determine the Basics of Providing High Quality People Service.
- Understand the Essential Role Good People/Customer Service Plays in the overall success of your organization.
- Learn the Importance of Being Polite and Respectful to Everyone,
- whether it is the governor or a resident in the community.
- Develop good telephone techniques and learn their importance to providing quality service to the community.
- Learn Effective Techniques of Communication.
YOUR ROLE AND THE SUCCESS OF YOUR ORGANIZATION
- What Does the Community Think of Your Organization?
- What Does the Community Think of You?
- How Do You Communicate?
- What is Your Perception of Yourself?
PROVIDING GOOD QUALITY SERVICE TO THE COMMUNITY
- Good Service/Your Responsibility
- The Importance of Your Job
- You Are Your Organization When Dealing with The Community
BEING POLITE AND RESPECTFUL
- Courtesy on Every Call. Every Encounter
- A Positive Attitude Towards Everyone
- Being A Good Listener
- Body Language
- Verbal and Nonverbal Communications
- Avoid Using Statements That Will Create
- The Wrong Perception of You
GOOD PEOPLE SERVICE SKILLS
- The Code of Quality People Service
- The Moment of Truth (In Person or on the Phone)
- Ten Specific People Factors
GOOD TELEPHONE TECHNIQUES
- Energy Level and Tone of Voice
- Voice Speed
- Voice Inflections/Monotone
- Managing Aggressive and Assertive Callers
- Being Polite on the Phone
- Respect for the Person
- Treating Everyone the Same
AGGRESSION VS ASSERTION
- How to Disagree Without Being Disagreeable
- Difference Between Aggressiveness and Assertiveness
- Role Playing
- Helping and Hindering
- How to be assertive without seeming pushy
- Projecting a Positive and Powerful Self-Image
- Developing Your Personal Leadership Style
- Techniques of Communication: Speaking with authority
- How your personality influences the way you lead
- Methods of Coaching and Counseling and the importance of both
- Methods of improving your skills of motivating people and knowing when to draw the line.
- Time and Stress Management
- Team Building and Motivation
- Delegating for Results
- Knowing when and when not to delegate
- Problem-Solving and Decision-Making
- How to set goals and priorities
- Communication Skills That Work:
- one-on-one communication ways to make a dynamic impact at meetings
- how to increase your listening skills
- how to speak in front of others and unleash the hidden power of turning your greatest fear into your strongest ally
EXPERIENCE WITH RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATIONSIn 2016, 2018, 2019, I spoke at more than sixty churches in Baltimore, Maryland. The following is a partial review of some of the services I delivered at some churches. However, this material is by no means a complete recapitulation of services provided at all sixty churches.
Empowerment Temple Motivational Speaker (TWICE)
New Shiloh Baptist Church: Youth Entrepreneurs Conference Speaker
Bethel A.M.E. Church, Baltimore: (1980-81), developed and conducted seminars for women at the Women’s Resource Center:
Bethel A.M.E. Church, Baltimore: was the Women of Destiny Speaker
Bethel A.M.E. Church, Baltimore: Wrote the curriculum and conducted a 5-day Management and Supervisory training seminar at Bethel A.M.E. Church, entitled “Nuts and Bolts of How to Supervise People.” The training was under the auspices of the Community College of Baltimore (CCB), (Now called Baltimore City Community College, BCCC) and Bethel A.M.E. Church in Baltimore, Maryland. After completing the 5-day training, participants were awarded Continuing Education Units, CEU’s and Certificates of Completion from CCB (May, 1985).
Ebenezer A.M.E. Church, Lusaka Zambia: Developed the curriculum and conducted a one-day workshop/seminar on “Leadership Development for Women,” in 1985
Ebenezer A.M.E. Church, Lusaka Zambia, Central Africa, delivered the sermon for their Sunday worship services, 1987.
Ebenezer A.M.E. Church, Baltimore: delivered the Mother’s Day sermon (1995)
Morning Star Baptist Church, Baltimore: delivered the Women’s Day sermon
Mt. Zion Baptist Church in Akron Ohio in July, 1992 AND 1993, was their guest speaker (TWICE).
Ray of Hope Baptist Church: For two consecutive years, Barbara was the guest speaker at the Ray of Hope Baptist Church’s Women’s Day Services (1995 - 1996) (TWICE).
Mount Pleasant Baptist Church: 1996, conducted a seminar for Mount Pleasant Baptist Church women, entitled “Healing the Wounded Heart,” Part I
Mount Pleasant Baptist Church: 1997, conducted a seminar for Mount Pleasant Baptist Church women, entitled “Healing the Wounded Heart,” Part II
First Mt. Olive Free Will Church: “Kingdom Women Authors,” In 1997 Barbara was a guest speaker;
Bethel Baptist Church in Alexander City, Alabama in January, 1996, was their guest speaker.
Bethel A.M.E.: Was presented the Edith Holland Bryant Religious Service Award in February, 1996 by Pastor Frank M. Reid III, and Bethel A.M.E. Church.