A PARTIAL LIST OF BARBARA’S SPEAKING EXPERIENCE
- Baltimore Broadcasters Coalition
- Bayview Hospital Black History Month Keynote Speaker
- Bibelot Book Store
- The National Association of Black Accountants Keynote Speaker
- Mount Pleasant Baptist Church, Healing the Wounded Heart Seminar Keynote Speaker (twice)
- Ebenezer AME Church, Lusaka, Zambia, Central Africa, Guest Speaker
- First Mt. Olive Free Will Baptist Church: Kingdom Women Authors Speaker
- Ray of Hope Baptist Church Women Day Keynote Speaker (twice)
- Empowerment Temple Motivational Speaker (twice)
- Ebenezer AME Church Mother’s Day Keynote Speaker
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) Conference Speaker (twice)
- Richmond Virginia Police Training Academy Commencement Keynote Speaker (twice)
- FBI Guest Speaker (three times) In New York, Washington, D.C. and Quantico, Virginia
- District Court of Maryland Seminar Facilitator
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Martin Luther King Holiday Speaker
- Small Business Administration’s Take Our Daughters to Work Guest Speaker, Washington, D.C.
- AVON Leadership Conference Speaker: Las Vegas
- The Sisters Circle: Healing Circle Speaker (twice)
- Aberdeen Proving Ground Drug Awareness Speaker
- The Army Corp of Engineers Black History Month Keynote Speaker
- The African American Women on Tour Seminar Facilitator
- 2001 Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Conference Speaker
- Empowerment Zone Computer Training Center Graduation Speaker
- The Changing Role of Women Conference Keynote Speaker, Jacksonville, Florida
- Women Entrepreneurs Conference Keynote Speaker Watertown, South Dakota
- Women Entrepreneurs of Baltimore Graduation Speaker (twice)
- Women Entrepreneurs Conference Keynote Speaker: Madison, Wisconsin
- Women Entrepreneur Conference Keynote Speaker, Ohio State University
- Women Entrepreneurs Conference Keynote Speaker, St. Louis, Missouri
- Working Women Conference Keynote Speaker, Washington, D.C.
- Women Entrepreneur Conference Keynote Speaker, Toledo, Ohio
- CNN Television
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday Keynote Speaker, Alexander City, Alabama
- South Baltimore Women and Children Homeless Shelter Speaker
- The Urban League Keynote Speaker
- National Organization of Parents and Teachers Association, Speaker
- Youth Entrepreneurs Conference Speaker; Frederick Douglas High School
- Women Detention Center, Baltimore City Jail (three times)
- Men Detention Center Department of Corrections
- Almost Gold Book Club, Speaker
- Inward Bound Women Literary Retreat Speaker, Virginia Beach
- Reisterstown Road Shopping Mall Keynote Speaker
- Department of Social Services Black History Month Keynote Speaker
- The Woodburn Diagnostic and Treatment Center, Speaker
- Sepia Sands and Sable Book Club, Speaker
- New Shiloh Baptist Church, Youth Entrepreneurs Conference Speaker
- Bedford Elementary School Awards Banquet Keynote Speaker
- Chums and Friends Luncheon Keynote Speaker
- Sheraton Hotel Annual Managers Meeting Guest Speaker
- The Baltimore Urban League Commencement Speaker
- Coalition of 100 Black Women Conference Guest Speaker
- Varnum Street House Guest Speaker, Washington, D.C.
- The Little White House Annual Meeting Guest Speaker; Washington, D.C.
- AFRAM, Guest Speaker
- Maryland Correctional Institute at Jessup (MCI-J) Seminar Facilitator (twice)
- WOL 1450 AM the Kathy Hughes Morning Show (twice)
- ESO WON Books, Los Angeles, California Speaker
- The Front Page KJLH 102.3 Los Angeles, California Radio Guest
- Two the Point Television Show Guest, Baltimore, Maryland
- WEAA Radio Talk Show Host
- University of the District of Columbia Television Show Guest Lecturer
- Bethel AME Church Women of Destiny Speaker, Baltimore, Maryland
- Women of Distinction Honoree, Baltimore, Maryland
- The Sky is the Limit Guest Speaker, St. Louis Missouri
- Ohio Women’s Business Owners Conference Keynote Speaker
- The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine Black History Month Keynote Speaker
- Marriott Hotels Graduation Speaker
- Winston Middle School Guest Speaker
- WEBB Radio Guest
- College of Southern Maryland Commencement Speaker
- Write Now Literary Conference, Coppin State College Seminar Facilitator (twice)
- Historical Black Colleges Tour Speaker
- Dr. Roland N. Patterson Sr. Elementary School Speaker
- World Vision Center Guest Speaker, Washington, D.C.
- Women Business Institute Graduation Speaker (three times)
- The National Council of Negro Women guest speaker (twice)
- The Maryland House of Delegates Martin Luther King Day Speaker
- The Maryland State Senate Martin Luther King Day Speaker
- Coppin State University Commencement Speaker, (twice)
- Baltimore City Community College Commence Speaker (twice)
EXPERIENCE WITH RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATIONS
Bethel A.M.E. Church: Baltimore Maryland, (1980-81), developed and conducted seminars for women at the Women’s Resource Center:
Bethel A.M.E. Church, Baltimore, Maryland: Wrote the curriculum and conducted a 5-day Management and Supervisory training seminar at Bethel A.M.E. Church, entitled “Nuts and Bolts of How to Supervise People.” The training was under the auspices of the Community College of Baltimore (CCB), (Now called Baltimore City Community College, BCCC) and Bethel A.M.E. Church in Baltimore, Maryland. After completing the 5-day training, participants were awarded Continuing Education Units, CEU’s and Certificates of Completion from CCB (May, 1985).
Bethel A.M.E. Church, Baltimore, Maryland: Was the Women’s Day Speaker
Ebenezer A.M.E. Church, Lusaka Zambia: Developed the curriculum and conducted a one-day workshop/seminar on “Leadership Development for Women,” in 1985
Ebenezer A.M.E. Church in Lusaka Zambia, Central Africa, delivered the sermon for their Sunday worship services, 1987.
Ebenezer A.M.E. Church in Baltimore Maryland delivered the Mother’s Day sermon
Mt. Zion Baptist Church in Akron Ohio in July, 1992, was their guest speaker.
Mt. Zion Baptist Church in Akron Ohio facilitated a Leadership Development Program for Women in 1993.
Ray of Hope Baptist Church: For two consecutive years, Barbara was the guest speaker at the Ray of Hope Baptist Church’s Women’s Day Services (1995 - 1996).
Mount Pleasant Baptist Church: 1996 conducted a seminar for women entitled “Healing the Wounded Heart,” Part I
Mount Pleasant Baptist Church: 1997 conducted a seminar for women entitled “Healing the Wounded Heart,” Part II
First Mt. Olive Free Will Church: “Kingdom Women Authors,” was a guest speaker in 1997
Bethel Baptist Church in Alexander City, Alabama in January, 1996, was their guest speaker.
Bethel A.M.E.: Was presented the Edith Holland Bryant Religious Service Award in February, 1996 by Pastor Frank M. Reid III, and Bethel A.M.E. Church.
EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH HOMELESS WOMEN
- Barbara conducted seminars for women at the Caroline Center, and at homeless shelters for women in Baltimore, Maryland; contact person Sister Pat Mc Laughlin 410-563-13-3.
- Barbara gave a presentation for the Lutheran Church’s Homeless Shelter for Women and Children.
- Barbara was the facilitator for a parenting class for the Woodburn Center, contact person Mshinda Parvenu 410-563-6400 or 410-788-6284
EXPERIENCE TRAINING COMMUNITY LEADERS
Barbara developed the curriculum and conducted a 2-day seminar for community leaders, Managers, and agency Directors, entitled “Leadership Development for Community Empowerment,” in Memphis Tennessee, 1989.
EXPERIENCE IN CORRECTIONS
For over seven years, Barbara taught Life Skills Development, Job Readiness, Decision Making, and Problem-Solving Skills to male inmates at the Maryland Correctional Institute in Jessup, Maryland from 1982 to 1989.
Barbara has conducted seminars at the Baltimore City’s Women Detention Center for incarcerated women (1996-99), contact person Gwen Oliver 410-209-4202.
MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKING EXPERIENCE and EXPERIENCE SPEAKING TO WOMEN GROUPS
Federally Employed Women, Incorporated: Barbara provided training in "Techniques of Motivation" and "How to Motivate the Unmotivated Employee" for two separate years in Baltimore and Tennessee (1990 & 1991)
State of Maryland Department of Personnel: Barbara was the motivational speaker for National Secretaries Week, to an audience of 1,500 people (1994).
National Council of PTA: Barbara was the motivational speaker at their awards banquet, speaking to an audience of approximately 1,200 people, (1994).
Francis Scott Key Medical Center: Twice, Barbara was the motivational speaker at their Black History Month celebration, speaking to an audience of 300 people, (1994 and 1996).
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI): Barbara was the keynote motivational speaker for their observance of Black History Month. She also performed a one-woman skit that she wrote that was sponsored by the FBI in New York City. Approximately 200 people attended (1994)
The University of Oklahoma: In October, 1995, Barbara was the keynote motivational speaker for the conference sponsored by the Working Women's Money University, contact person Lori Smith, 405-842-1196
The University of West Florida: In November, 1995, Barbara was the keynote motivational speaker for the Women in Business conference, in Pensacola, Florida, contact person, Thomanna Price 904-474-2914
The University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin: On January 4, 1996, Barbara was the Luncheon Keynote motivational speaker for the conference on Women Business Owners, contact person Joan Gillman, Director of the Small Business Development Center, 608-262-9982 or 608-263-0818
Alexander City, Alabama: On January 15, 1996 Barbara was the keynote speaker for the City’s Dr. Martin Luther King’s Birthday celebration. She spoke to a crowd of 400 people. She was also awarded the Key to the City by Mayor Ben Cleveland; contact person: Mary Louise Wycoff 256-234-4136 or 256-500-5604
Johns Hopkins University: Bayview Center: On February 22, 1996, Barbara was guest speaker for the hospital’s celebration of Black History Month.
Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio: On February 24, 1996 Barbara was guest speaker at a women’s conference; contact person GiGi Kent 614-688-3072.
Jacksonville, Florida: The changing Role of Women: On March 15, 1996 Barbara was guest motivational speaker to approximately 500 women; contact person Judy Dunn 904-443-1900
Watertown, south Dakota: On May 31, 1996 Barbara was motivational for a women’s conference where approximately 400 women attended.
Toledo Ohio: On October 17, 1997 Barbara was the motivational speaker for a Women Mean Business conference where 500 women attended; contact person Debbie Tassie 419-471-0211 or Sandy Koemigna 419-530-8572.
The US Small Business Administration: Washington D.C.: Barbara was the guest speaker for SBA’s “Take your Daughter to Work,” celebration; contact person Harriet Fredman 202-205-7285
The National Association of Women Business Owners, (NAWBO): in October, 1998 Barbara was the keynote speaker at their conference in Richmond, Virginia, contact person: Patty Pasternack Patuchie, 804-984-3230.
“Today’s Black Woman,” Tampa, Florida: contact person Jennifer Kitt, 954-341-7964
Department of Social Services: in February, 1999 was guest speaker in Towson, Maryland, contact person Pamela Boone, 410-853-3596.
Historical Black Colleges: In February, 1999 Barbara was the author and motivational speaker touring five historical black colleges sponsored by the Society to Preserve Historical Black Colleges.
Reisterstown Road Plaza Shopping Mall, Baltimore, Maryland: In July, 1999, was motivational speaker for the mall merchants; contact person Mark Seaman 410-764-3222
The Baltimore Urban League: In August, 1999 was the commencement Speaker for a graduation class trained by SCORE, Women’s Business Institute, and the Urban League, contact person Diane England 410-771-1150.
Sheraton Hotel: In July, 1999 I was the motivational speaker for the managers of the Sheraton Hotel in Baltimore.
FBI, Quantico, Virginia: In October, 1999 I was the motivational speaker for Agents and support staff at headquarters.
Women Work: In November, 1999 I was the motivational speaker to approximately 300 women at a conference in D.C. contact person, Susan Gessner 1-888-603-9752
Small Business Administration and the Army Corp of Engineers: January 11, 2000
Barbara was the guest speaker for the Martin Luther King’s Birthday celebration where she spoke to approximately 500 people.