Barbara A. Robinson is one of the most celebrated and respected entrepreneurs in Maryland. Her speaking engagements sell out and garner standing ovations across the country. Her humanitarian efforts are lauded as precedent-setting. She inspired tens of thousands of people with her radio show, which was a blend of business advice and down-to-earth wisdom. To meet Barbara Robinson and experience her compassion and love of life, you would never know that her past was the stuff of which nightmares are made.
In her memoir And Still I Cry,Barbara chronicles with disarming honesty her journey from poverty, physical and sexual abuse and drug addiction to personal and professional success and fulfillment. Hoping that her story will inspire others to overcome their own obstacles, Barbara shares deeply private experiences and how she turned pain into purpose and fear into fuel. She talks openly about:
- Her mother's lifelong battle with alcoholism
- How she grew up in a domestic violence household
- Being beaten and molested by her stepfather
- Loneliness, low self-esteem and dangerous episodes of self-destruction
- Her successful struggle against addiction
- Her husband's infidelity and how she saved their marriage, which lasted 47 years.
- Her tragedies and triumphs as a parent
- Her greatest challenges as a business woman
- Her successful campaign to win a seat in the Maryland House of Delegates
- Her elevation to become a Maryland State Senator
A powerful testimonial to the resiliency of the human spirit, And Still I Cry is a rare and inspiring story of courage, dignity and determination in the face of unimaginable odds.